Richard E Uhlman wrote:
> I recently talked to a Minimed rep re getting a pump for my son.  We were
> discussing pro/cons of each pump and he brought up the fact that MM is
> going to be going to trials with their new insertable sensor and you
> could only use their sensor if you used a MM pump.  Sounded like
> blackmail to me, or am I being too sensitive here?  Kate

I don't know this for a fact, but I understand that the early model sensor
is ONLY a glucose meter and is NOT connected to a pump. That will go on
for several years until they prove it's reliability in real life, and
they will only hook a newer model up to pumps after they develop a realistic
system. So NO, it doesn't NEED a MiniMed pump, or for that matter, ANY pump.
I believe you're being hyped!

Ted Quick