Re: [IP] Forgot to Bolus

>Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 08:02:57 -0700
>From: Mary Jean Renstrom <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Forgot to Bolus
>Michael wrote about forgetting to bolus:
>>Sure he will, not on purpose, but he will. Don't worry about it. My
>>daughter went through a period of about 6 months where this occurred
>>fairly often. She is really diligent about her bg's but seemed to get
>.....shall we say discombobulated and just would forget. It stopped after
>awhile.  I think it is a teen "phase" at the time, she would forget her
>shoes if the laces weren't tied. But I guess that' what they invented
>parents for eh...
>OK, I'm 36 and I guess I still need my parents for this purpose <vbg>.  In
>the past two weeks, I've forgotten to bolus for breakfast not once, but
>FOUR times.  Please, does this mean I'm going through a "teen phase" again?
> I thought I'd moved beyond those!

I haven't been 36 in years, but I've had a rash of forgotten bolus' lately too.
In fact, my doctor believes I'm depressed because I was missing so many. I'm
not ready to go back on Zoloft quite yet. This makes me feel much better. Even
I was beginning to wonder how bright the light was shining in the attic.

>One interesting observation, though.  The bolus I use to bring down the
>resulting high bs is never as large as the bolus I would have administered
>for my food.  I eat the same thing for breakfast every day and I KNOW that
>this is the right amount.  Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon, or am I
>REALLY an oddball?  (don't answer that!) :-)

No, you're not alone here either. Where I would normally take 4 units for
breakfast, I usually take 2 - 2.5 units if I forget. Trouble is, my bg's are
usually 250-350 by then.