Re: [IP] Consistent 6.0-6.7 A1c's and complications

Mason Miller wrote:
> I have always tried to maintain 80-120 blood sugars.  My endo always said if
> I kept it in that range, I was like anyone else.
> So....I am reading all of this stuff about leg cramps and amputation.....I
> consistently run between 6.0 and 6.7 A1c's, even though at times I can be
> all over the board on blood sugar(I am getting a pump because I have had
> some 300's over the last year, and it worries me, although my A1c's always
> come back good.), but I have been having leg cramps lately, and now I am
> really paranoid.  I am seeing the doctor Monday anyway, but is this type of
> thing possible without high A1c's?

Unfortunately yes, it IS possible, but not nearly as likely as it would be if
run high more often. Problem is that damage is cumulkative, and the occasional
add up over the years. Then each of us has a different physiology because of
genetic codes and environmental factors. So getting a pump is a good idea, and
it may help you correct some of the existing damage, but DO check things out
with your doctor, better safe than sorry.

Ted Quick