[IP] type 1 question

Re:  type 1
As far as passing on this disease does it make a difference if the mother is
type 1 or the father is type 1?  I have two children and both of them are not
diabetic (I'm the one with the diabetes).  My father in law was type 2, my
husband was dx type 2 approx. 2 years ago.  I was just wondering if D is
passed on more often if the male is type 1 vs female?  If my children decide
to have children what do you think there chances of having a diabetic child
Is type 2 hereditary and type 1 caused by a virus?  Does that mean type 1 is
not hereditary?

Confused :)