[IP] another question

Barbara: I use a site that is very helpful in calculating your insulin
sensitivity levels.
I have attached the URL, it's called the "insulin wizard"..it
calculates  Basal Rates,carb to insulin ratios, and the 1500 Rule, plus
the number of carbs one needs in a day..
Title: The Diabetes Mall offers a wealth of information living healthy with diabetes, plus major discounts on books, control tools and software. Visit us for information on research, insulin pumps, blood sugar control, medications, noninvasive monitoring, and much more.

The Diabetes Mall

Diabetes This Week!!!
Read the latest in diabetes
research and business!
dotSlideShow on Complications
 Soehnle Gram Scales
 Insulin Pumps
 Humalog Update

Upcoming Diabetes Conferences
P ball = Outside URL Star= Author with diabetes

Great Savings
dotCompare our prices to Amazon, plus we KNOW diabetes!
20% off most books, 10% to 30% off gram scales & software!

-- February Contest --
Win a Soehnle Attache Scale

1 gram accuracy, perfect for carb counting.
Drawing: March 1st!

Visit the Diabetes Mall's Insulin WizardThe Insulin Wizard
Learn how many points your blood sugar is likely to drop on a unit of Humalog, how many grams of carbs one unit covers, and more. Use the Insulin Wizard and discover your own secrets for control !!!
What Type Of Diabetes do you really have? You may be surprised and it can make a big difference in treatment.
Semi-Invasive and Non-Invasive Monitoring Technologies
P ballDebate opens: Do childhood vaccines Cause Or Prevent Type 1 Diabetes?
P ballHave neuropathy? Visit Yngve for Treatments That Work
P ballHave Diabetic Retinopathy or Cataracts? Learn about them from the American Academy of Ophthalmology
P ballLearn about specific Clinical Research Trials at Clinical Connect!
Why your diabetes May Not Really Be Your Insurer's Priority
Accu-Chek Complete meter offers easy analysis!

Progress being made on Inhaled Insulin
FDA Approval for Minimed's Sensor pending
Research highlights from the 1998
ADA Meeting in Chicago
Want the latest Diabetes Software? Check our update!
Try our Tips Page for our favorite diabetes books and tools!
New and want to find information fast? Use our Search Button!
We have LOTS of information and links and searching is the fastest way to find it.

The Best In Control Tools And Information

Stop The RollercoasterStar--- the book for everyone on insulin who wants better control
Pumping InsulinStarfor everyone on an insulin pump or even considering one
My Other CheckBookStar--- newly revised, the best way to record, graph and improve blood sugars
ON-TRACStartest, record, analyze and correct blood sugar patterns!

Insulin Use

More and more, people with diabetes realize they have to be in charge. With Flexible Insulin Therapy (FIT), you can keep your blood sugars under control and live your own lifestyle.

What is Flexible Insulin Therapy?
Lower high blood sugars safely---a personal High Blood Sugar Scale
Match the foods you eat with Carb Coverage
How to adjust Long-acting Insulin
Secrets of Control...secret numbers for great control!

More Tips & Tricks

Tricks for using Humalog in injections or pump!
Carb Counting gives great postmeal readings
ExCarbs offer an easy way to manage blood sugars with exercise!
Print out our new comprehensive Glycemic Index
You've heard of the glycemic index, but have you heard of the Satiety Index?New
Measure your Sensitivity To Insulin
Take a slice out of unwanted Insulin Resistance
Someone you know get Uncooperative when they're low? Read this!
Your liver plays a major role in control. Read about a technique that lets it do a better job via Hepatic Activation.
Take our Self Care Test Test Youself to learn how well you're taking care of yourself!!!

P ballIn these politically active times, the American Coalition for Fathers and Children's site is an easy place to email U.S. politicians. Let Congress or the Senate know your feelings about diabetes funding, tax use and other concerns.

Browse for the latest diabetes books, cookbooks, Soehnle gram scales, software, pump accessories and record systems. Discount prices, quick delivery, 30 day money back guarantee!

  • order securely at our Online Store
  • print out our Order Form to mail or fax
  • email via our Order Form
  • or call (800) 988-4772 in the US and Canada, or 011-1-619-497-0900

We produce and sell the best in diabetes products and information
and specialize in products created by people with diabetes.

Give us feedback!

Ver 12.0  Copyright 1994, 1998, Diabetes Services, Inc. Star

begin:          vcard
fn:             Pat and Dave Springall
n:              Springall;Pat and Dave
email;internet: email @ redacted