Re: [IP] bruising

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 email @ redacted wrote:

> My son Joey has now been using rapids for the last week or so. As we changed
> his site tonight he claimed it hurt, so I got a bright light to get a closer
> look. Around the insertion site it appears to be bruised {slightly brownish
> purple}. Does anyone out there still use rapids? and has anyone had this
> bruising problem?

I use the rapids, and  I prefer it over the other sets, I just wish it had
a disconnect.  Sometimes I have nicked a blood vessel. It might look some
what discolored, But it hasn't ever been pain ful.  Though just like any
other location, it can become infected.  Remember with the metal sets you
can only leave them in for 2 days, or you increase your risk of infection.

Christene Ullom

email @ redacted  (evenings)