[IP] Differences in BG readings

I have a question about the different measurements of BG's.  I saw a post from someone in Canada who talked about 28 being high.  Is it a difference of metric versus US measurements, like Farenheit and Celcius?  I don't even know what the measurement is of what I'm testing.  I tell my diabetes team my readings (i.e.  80-140 for normal), but I don't know 80 what in what amount.  Can anybody help me with this.

Just Curious!