[IP] Forgot to Bolus

You're not crazy, the insulin resistance after a high sugar is very real.
For Jenna, 1 unit will usually drop her sugars 150 mg/dl (sorry, I don't
know the mmol conversion), but if she's been high for more than a few hours,
it will take 1 unit per 75 mg/dl, double the insulin.  We don't change basal
rates, just use frequent testing and high sugar boluses, but you could.  The
bigger problem is forgetting boluses.  We had that problem, and had to
resort to some mild disciplinary action, but after 2 evenings of being
"grounded," our problems with forgetting boluses disappeared.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom, age 9, pumping for 5 months