Re: [IP] laser tester - Pain - No Pain

> Am I the only one with easy-bleed-no-pain fingers?

No.  My fingers bleed pretty good unless they're cold, that's why I moved to
AZ.  :-)  Although I can remember when strips first came out, I was about 19
and boy even though I had given shots I had to do some real mental thing to
get myself ready.  But once I started doing it, no big deal.  Sometimes if my
fingers are really cold I have to poke 3 or 4 times.  It just doesn't bother,
but I think this is a case of YMMV.  Also with kids, bottom line I think it's
harder.  Gee's I grew up in day of those glass syringes and stainless steel
needles, one shot a day and believe me it took a lot for my parents to give
that "one" shot to a three year old.

Before the pump this time around, I was up to about 8 shots a day.  I had no
problem just sticking that needle in.  I still take much longer inserting the
tender in.  I angle, I pinch harder, I tell myself I won't die <VBG> and I
still have to do a one, two, three.  I don't know why.  I think it may have
something to do with that needle being so darn long.  I shall be trying the
rapid out and have a feeling I'll be able to just poke that in as I did with a

Bottom line, it's just different for everyone and I believe with kids it's
just must be harder.  It took until I was 13 and my dad threatening to let my
brother give my shot until I started giving my own shot.  Who knows what it is
with these brains of ours.

Just my two cents worth.