[IP] which pump?

My daughter started on the insulin pump 7 months after diagnosis.  All
insurance companies are different, but ours didn't give us any hassle at all
about it.  We got a Disetronics because of our endo's recommendation- he
said either pump was okay but he preferred Disetronics a bit because:  Kids
get wet at the darndest times, and the Disetronic is waterproof, and because
it delivers smaller boluses of insulin more frequently than the Minimed, and
he thought that made for smoother sugar control in little ones.  Don't know
how much difference that makes, but we do like our Disetronic just fine, and
the support we've gotten is good.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom, Dx'ed 2/98, pumping since 9/98