Re: [IP] another question

It is caluculated using weight and then adjusted (just like basal rates and meal boluses).  See Pumping Insulin (I don't have my copy here to look it up for you).  I weigh about 122-130 lbs and am relatively small adult and take 1 unit to 60-70 bg points.   You can also do it in reverse -- if you know how many carbs to units of insulin.  Others with children can share their numbers.  Kids numbers will periodically change and will go down during high hormone or low activity periods.

email @ redacted wrote:

How far down does 1 unit of regular insulin drop your blood sugar?

Say like my sons bg was 250 and I want it under 180...how many units of
insulin does that mean? NON- pump right now...we are still waiting for the
paper work. I need this for regular shots...