Re: [IP] bad days with the d

I just wanted to reach out and give you a hug, ok I wanted a hug too.  I've had
this junk for 36 years and sometimes I wish it would just go away.  I still have
feelings similar to yours but not nearly as often.  I just wanted address some of
things you brought up.

>  I'm hoping that with the
> pump I'll have more "up to the minute" control, and can adjust for exercise,
> so I can lose my excess weight and feel better about myself.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!  I am so discouraged with trying to lose weight too.  But
what really got me is I am religious about exercising and prior to the pump I'd
have to stuff my face or shoot up.  It drove me nuts.  Since being on the pump I
still exercise four times a week ( aerobic ) and since October 23 ( pump start
date ) I have only had one "minor" low.  The pump has made exercising soooo much
easier as far as those BS.

> I hate this disease with a venegence that sometimes frightens me,

Someone once said to me, "If you didn't hate it I'd worry about you".  I still
ponder that a lot.

> so much to get it under control so it becomes a smaller thing in my life.
> It's one thing to have bad test results when I know I've been misbehaving,
> but it's makes me so mad when I make a real effort to control it and I still
> can't.  In the past 2 years, I haven't had more than 2-3 days in a row where
> I've been able to keep my b.s. from going over 300.  Then I get angry and
> frustrated and go back to my old behavior.

Why do we get angry at ourselves?  I don't get it, for it only makes things
worse.  But I still do the same thing, although after this many years I catch
myself and tell my brain to stop it.  I am doing the best I can and I try very
very hard with diet and exercise.  The pump will truly make things easier.  It
will also make you feel better which in turn provides for a better out look.