[IP] re: skiing

Basic rule in pumping, if you eat carbos you need to bolus.  Do you know
your ratio, ie 1 unit to 15 grams carbo?  If that was your ratio and you at
30 grams of bread at night, you should have immediately bolused 2 units.
Same goes when you were at lunch skiing.  If it were me, I would have had
lunch, bolusing about  of what I usually would and set my basal at .4 or
.5.  You need to get ahead of the situation, not play catch up.

If you eat a fatty meal it will slow digestion, you could go a bit low right
after eating, then hours later you will have unexpected highs.

Steve Fuller
Compaq Computer Corporation
Capacity Planning Products and Services
978-496-8496 DTN: 276-8496