[IP] Skiing

Today, for the first time I went downhill skiing. I've always been
physically well coordinated and I picked up skiing very quickly. It is so
much more fun than snow boarding.
Last night I was 100BG at bed time. I don't remember why I ate a peanut
butter sandwich with a glass of milk. Because in the morning I was 240BG. So
I bolused to take it down and drove for an hour. I tested at McDonalds and
was 270BG. I looked at my pump and the bolus had not registered, woops. So I
bolused for the high and saved the food. Then I ate without bolusing just as
the ski lesson began. At the 2 hour end of lesson I was 112BG. So then I put
temporary basal from .7 to .3 and stopped for lunch, a burger, fries, and
coke without a bolus. After two hours skiing I'm 240BG. I take 4 instead of
the normal 5 units to bring it down and ski another two hours. Then I'm
145BG. But first my meter won't work. It was so good to get that reading
after thinking I had no meter. I don't know if it warmed up or what. You
see, I was a safe level for driving home but when I didn't know I was
planing to "play it safe" and have a little food. Man, that's an old story.
I felt so good to leave my BG at a normal range.
One time I looked for my glucose and realized I'd left it in the car so I
went the day without any. And my BG tests were calibrated for 15 but the new
vial was a 10, whoops. And the new vial only had three strips, whoops. OK,
so I went skiing. That's an accomplishment for anyone. But I. I did it with
Adjusting to the pump,