Re: [IP] Training

<< The training is perfunctory  >>
We have had a mixture of individuals who need more education than others who
do not need the education.  I have also worked with some people who went on
pumps without education (not by our center). Since many people learn in many
different ways, what works for the independent learner may not work for
someone who needs a one to one interaction with a "guide". I disagree that
training is perfunctory. Most of the people we work with want to understand
why a particular practice of technique is done in a particular recommended
way. We also have several who learn on their own,  come in, hook up and go.
usually, we don't hear from them until after a follow-up appointment with the
endo. As said before, YMMV.
Barbara B.