[IP] Starting to pump

We are in the early process of looking into the pump. I know our Doc has
hooked up peds kids before and our insurance will cover it. Do most kids get
admitted before getting pumped? Or is it very individual according to
insurance and Doc? We have TRIGON Blue Cross/Blue Shield. If I had a
preference, I would chose for my son to be admitted for peace of mind. Just
thinking ahead, so that if it is in the near future, we could pick a long
school break to do it in.