Re: [IP] incorrect glucometer reading

Vicki wrote:

>This a.m., when I awoke, I tested my blood sugar as usual.  It read 29.
>Now, I have some hypoglycemic unawareness, but i was sleeping soundly,
>no vision problems, no feeling of confusion or anxiety.  So i tested
>again.  This time my reading was 112.  Much more in keeping with the way
>I felt. (So I tested a third time and got a reading of 119.)
>So here's my question:
>How often do these meters give us incorrect data?  If I had gone just
>with the reading, i would have filled myself with SweeTarts and driven
>my next reading through the roof!
>I use the Accucheck Advantage and expect reliability.  Am I being naive?

I just returned from a meeting with my CDE - we were discussing the
AccuChek Advantage. She mentioned that it's *very* important to hold this
particular meter completely level while testing. According to her, this
meter has a tendency toward "false lows" if held at an angle when the blood
is applied. Don't know if this was the case for you, but thought I would
pass it along, just in case.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted