[IP] incorrect glucometer reading

This a.m., when I awoke, I tested my blood sugar as usual.  It read 29.
Now, I have some hypoglycemic unawareness, but i was sleeping soundly,
no vision problems, no feeling of confusion or anxiety.  So i tested
again.  This time my reading was 112.  Much more in keeping with the way
I felt. (So I tested a third time and got a reading of 119.)
So here's my question:
How often do these meters give us incorrect data?  If I had gone just
with the reading, i would have filled myself with SweeTarts and driven
my next reading through the roof!
I use the Accucheck Advantage and expect reliability.  Am I being naive?