Re: [IP] Urine testing

<< They don't normally do blood screens as a routine part of an office
 visit. Anyway, the kids would go beserk. By the time most folks think
 something is wrong, the kid is spilling plenty of glucose anyway.

 Michael >>

Micheal,

When I first suspected diabetes in my then 4 year old(he was drinking and
urinating ALOT), his urine was tested and it came back negative for ketones
and sugars..our doctor told us it was behavioral and sent us home...The
threshold for blood sugars to spill into the urine is 300(clearly diagnosable
as diabetes)...If our doctor had just done a blood sugar check( a simple
finger prick wouldn't make a child go bezerk), our child wouldn't have landed
up in the ICU at children's hospital for three days..He was diagnosed a week
and a half later with blood sugars of 1200...

I would have rather he'd gone a little bezerk a week and a half earlier.

Mary