RE: [IP] Re: The pump and swimming

 I tried this at the beach last year and it worked great....and BG's stayed stable, but as always..YMMV....the first time I wore it in the water proof case....hated it...!!!! but the bolus for 3-4 hours worked for me and then just went  and checked Bg and bolused for another 3-4 hours...(I'm on straight velosolin...) worked great though....
Rhonda

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Rempy1 wrote:

> I am a certified lifeguard.  I love my job, but have a small question.  What
> to do with my pump while on duty.  I understood that the Minimed was not
> water-proof.  Or am I wrong?  Any suggestions on what I can do so that I can
> keep the job I love will be greatly welcomed.

Disconnect.

An injection of 'R' will cover your basal rate for 4 hours at a time.
Lily does this when we go rafting or 'tubing' on the river in the summer.

If you use R in your pump you can just bolus 4 hours of basal and disconnect.
If you use H, it is easier to do an injection than to try and shoot the
QR but with some arithmetic gymnastics, that will work also.

Michael

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef