[IP] Re: The pump and swimming

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Rempy1 wrote:

> I am a certified lifeguard.  I love my job, but have a small question.  What
> to do with my pump while on duty.  I understood that the Minimed was not
> water-proof.  Or am I wrong?  Any suggestions on what I can do so that I can
> keep the job I love will be greatly welcomed.

Disconnect.

An injection of 'R' will cover your basal rate for 4 hours at a time.
Lily does this when we go rafting or 'tubing' on the river in the summer.

If you use R in your pump you can just bolus 4 hours of basal and disconnect.
If you use H, it is easier to do an injection than to try and shoot the
QR but with some arithmetic gymnastics, that will work also.

Michael