[IP] Some sad news

Hi everyone,

Wanted to fill you in on the latest.  My last post was one of good news, but
not so today.  Yesterday I went to the dr. for a regular check up and
ultrasound, my world turned completely upside down instead.  They couldn't
find the baby's heartbeat--figure that it happened a couple of weeks ago.  I'm
scheduled for a D&C Fri. am.   Am not looking forward to that as I hate the
feeling of not being in control.  I've asked to just be sedated and not
completely put under.  I've talked to the endo's office about what I need to
do as far as the pump, etc.  It certainly does help having the pump.

Diabetes wise everything was going just fine......May know something more in a
couple of weeks when I go in for a followup visit and get the pathology
report.  Blood sugars were a rollercoaster yesterday, but figure that it was
due to stress.  I'm determined though to keep the blood sugars to the levels
that I've been at the past couple of months so that I'll be even better
prepared for when we get the go ahead to try again.  Don't plan to rush into
anything, will have to take things a day at a time for awhile.  By the way I
was on Humalog (I know that there was talk of that in connection with
pregnancy recently on the list).  Would there be anyway of knowing if that
could have been the cause?  Any tests that could be done on the baby to find
that?  Can't help but wonder, as a million other things have crossed by mind.
The endo. I see has alot of his pump/pregnant patients on Humalog with no
problems.  Guess it's nature to search for answers even when there may not be
any explaination for what has happened.

Sorry to ramble...I'm just not really with it today.
Thanks for your help
Susan G.