RE: [IP] Minimed 506 no delivery alarm

> ----------

	As is apparent from some of the recent mail in this newsgroup,
there have been a few (six or seven) incidents of no delivery alarms
when there was still sufficient insulin in the syringe.  We have tried
to make this happen in the laboratory and have been unsuccessful.  In
order to better understand the problems, I would like to suggest the
following.  If possible, could anyone who has a no delivery alarm that
appears to be unrelated to a set clogging, please  do the following
test.

	Disconnect the set from the syringe and try to pump abolus.  If
the no delivery alarm persists, then please send the set and the syringe
back to me at MiniMed.  After you perform this test, if you remove the
syringe entirely from the pump, again pump a bolus.  If there is no
alarm, the pump is working fine.  If the alarm happens when there is no
syringe in place, please call our clinical service hotline for help in
diagnosing this problem.

	If you send back a set or a syringe, could you please identify
the type of insulin you were using, the lot # of the syringes and sets
you were using and any other info that you want to include about your
insulin regimine.

	Bill Van Antwerp
	Chief Scientist
	MiniMed