[IP] here's my experience

Here's my experience with a site going bad last night, I hope this will help
any new pumpers.
Last night, after supper my bg readings stayed in the lower 200's even after
my usual 1 mile walk.  This is very unusual for me, at the time I figured
that I miscalculated my carbs. At 9 pm tested again, thinking it should be
down by now, it was higher at 236. Still figured I must have miscalculated
carbs and bolused to bring it down. I then became extremely tired and fell
asleep till 11 pm, woke up suddenly in a hot-cold sweat and feeling really
weird, I thought I was low but  my reading said 270! At this point I knew it
was a bad site, I knew I had to change sites, but hated to do it so late at
night. I changed the site and then bolused only 0.5 to get it started coming
down and gave myself a temp base rate of an additional 0.3 for 3 hours,
making my high bg bolus add up to 2.0.  This worked great the only
disadvantage was that I made myself get up every 2 -3 hours to check
readings.  At 1:00 ...215, at 3:00...136, at 6:00am...93. This morning I am
very tired and groggy from lack of sleep.  The important thing to remember
when a site goes bad is NOT TO PANIC, after 4 months on the pump I handled
it calmly and just did what I thought I should do.
I have a question for the experienced pumpers, when something like this
happens do you call your doctor or do you just handle it, do you ever call
your doctor for unexplained highs?

Carol,