Re: [IP] Blue Cross

Meshall,

I no longer have BlueCross but did and had lots of trouble.  They do cover the
supplies.  A few years ago they just couldn't figure out how to let you actually
obtain them.  They are not pharmacy items so all the conventional avenues don't
work.  Whatever you do, just insist that they (not you) pay.  Last time I did this
it took them 12 months to reimburse me $500 for supplies!!

   Best bet is to get calmly insistent on the phone, be clear it is an emergency
(after all youdo need this stuff to live) and try to get in touch with the highest
possible person.   Ask them to immediately authorize the purchase of pump
supplies.  Do pin them down about how you should go about this in future
(otherwise you have to go through this each time), but for the time being, try to
get them to authorize direct payment to Minimed.  Minimed is fast and reliable
(and a lot less expensive then suppliers like Apria).  For some reason the
insurance companies don't like authorizing them.  I've done this with 3 different
insurance cos and the problem may be that the person you are dealing with does not
know where to get them.  Since you have to get them to do the arrangements, your
best bet is to provide suggestions but insist they need to solve the problem and
solve it quickly.  The first time I had to order supplies from Minimed it took 6
months to get them.  After that, it took 1-4.  The last few times, it took a week
(I think I had mastered their California network).  Aetna just did the same -- it
took us 5 months to accomplish the same.  Call Minimed and ask them too for help
-- sometimes they are very good, sometimes not so successful.

Isn't this the worst?

Best of Luck!!
Ruth