RE: [IP] Lower bgs with mixing Humalog and Regular

I am mixing 5/1 Humalog/Regular (so 150 units of H + 30 units of R).
I am not sure what you mean by "utilizing it", but I have 5 different basal
rates and I bolus about 1 unit for 15g Carbs and 1 unit to come down about
40 pts.

I first got the idea from our very own Michael, whose daughter is doing it.
I talked to my doctor who saw nothing against it, but also wasn't sure that
it would do any good.  However, he trusts me enough that he wrote out a
prescription for the R (my old stuff had expired) and asked me to let him
know if it made a difference.

Others on this list are also doing it, some at 5/1, others are using
different ratios.  The initial reasons were to combat the problem with the
site going bad (needing to change the site every 2 days instead of the 4-5
that we had been doing.) and to not have the awful "low" feeling when
bringing down a high bs with straight H.  I would feel low and still be at
200 because I was dropping so quickly.  I haven't had too many highs since
starting to mix, but they do seem to come down smoother and without the low
feeling.

- Jodi