Re: [IP] Rough Weekend

Greg,

I concur with Marti.  Try a pharmacy.  Most, if they handle pump
supplies, will be glad to sell one or two sets (you might not have much
of a choice as to brand/type).  The pharmacist knows that diabetics
require insulin.  Even without a prescription, you can show him the pump
and installed infusion set.  I had something similar happen near
Blacksburg, VA when I was visiting my daughter at a Biological Research
Station at Mountain Lake.  No problem getting two backups from the
pharmacy.  As in your case, I still had a few syringes and one installed
set but had exhausted the backups.  Made the weekend less troublesome.
I didn't even try to recoup the cost from my insurer.  However, he would
have had to pay for emergency room service if that had been required.
Remember, the local pharmacist will do what is legally possible to help
in a difficult situation.

Cliff