Re: [IP] What does your bottle of Humalog look like?

Randall Winchester wrote:

> On 21 Feb 98 at 22:44, email @ redacted wrote:
> > What does your bottle of Humalog look like?
> > I opened a bottle today and have set it aside because it "looks different".
> >
> > There is no bar code on the side of the label. All bottles of insulin I
> > have received in the past several years have bar codes on the labels - even
> > Velosolin.
> >
> > There is a "label" of sorts applied over the area on the bottle where the
> > bar code normally would be, colored black. It appears to have the
> > expiration date and lot number on it. This label appears to have been
> > placed on the bottle at a later time, as it is a separate piece of label
> > material. The expiration date seems to be Oct 1, 1999. The lot number looks
> > like 1MU29M. The box and packing material seem fine.

I just got a new batch of bottles from my new supplier, and they look like that
too. Decided to try it before my old Humalog ran out just to be sure it wasn't
damaged by being shipped in a way I was concerned about. Seems to work fine.
Apparently Lily just changed the packaging for some reason.

> > When I snapped the plastic protective cap off the top of the bottle, the
> > opening in the metal piece of the cap is oval shaped, and the metal piece
> > of the cap is "distended" - kind of looks like the rubber stopper would pop
> > out if the metal piece of the cap were not there.

Mine doesn't look like that, just the same as the old ones.

Ted Quick