RE: [IP] Re: Wearing A Pump

Rose,your letter made me cry....you see, I was that age (10) when diagnosed....this child will have the best possible life......I only wish that people and educators really KNOW what a miracle that the pump...especially for a child.....I'm sooooooo happy for you and this lucky child.....I'm a mom now and I thank God everyday that my children have almost made it to adulthood...WITHOUT diabetes....I would rather have it, than have to watch someone I love deal with it......the pump is going to make your life so great....
take it from someone who has been there.......I'll never,ever go back.........
THANK GOODNESS FOR THE PUMP........HOORAY..!!!!!!!!

Rhonda...type 1...33 years and pumping 23 months....loving it........
 That's right Buddy!  We walked that chalk line with Ravi.  We learned all
we could and continue that education daily.  You are right about NPH.
Ravi feels so much better now than he ever has since being diagnosed.  We
knew the pump was not a cure and that it does have some down sides.  But
overall, the freedom we have now is incredible.  Ask a 10 year old that
can eat lunch with his class mates now.  Ask that same 10 year old how it
feels to not have to be eating all the time now.  Ask him how much better
his life is now that he is on the pump.  Ask a little boy who did
EVERYTHING that was asked of him and no matter what, could not get any
kind of control. A great A1C only tells part of the story.  Enough highs
and lows averaged together will give you a great A1C.  Ask that little 10
year old how much easier his life is now that he gets a constant supply
of insulin, just as it should be.  Ask that little boy's siblings how
much better life is in our home without Ravi being out of control because
of high sugars, or dropping everything to get juice to bring up a low.  I
have to agree with Buddy, everyone diagnosed IDD should have the
opportunity to get a pump, no matter what age that person is.  Especially
if that person is young.  Diabetes took away three years of Ravi's life
as a "normal" child.  Now that he is on the pump, life is more "normal"
and I wish we would have had the pump from the beginning so we could have
avoided those lost years.

I know some of you won't agree with me.  My suggestion to you would be to
have a serious talk with your mate or family members and ask them about
how much better life is now that you are on the pump.

Rose(aka Ravi's mom)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef