Re: [IP] Re: Wearing A Pump

Bravo Rose:
     Couldn't have said it all better myself!!...Life is always a series of
"trade-offs" & no, the pump is no magical panacea, but for Melissa, insulin
pump therapy IS the closest she can get to "normalizing" her daily life, short
of an outright cure. All those "little things" that pumpers cite so often
(being able to skip meals, sleep late, feel better, etc.) are all critical
"quality of life" issues that we wouldn't trade away for anything!!!.....And
if it "seems" that pumpers spend more time focusing on alarms, insertion
issues, boluses, etc....I have to say selfishly that as a parent of a child
with diabetes, MY anxiety level decreased tremendously when we gave up  the
constant "clock-watching" vigil!!!!
      Lastly, re an earlier post, Melissa DID successfully insert in her
"butt" & has had good bgs.  Can't quite figure out how she contorts herself to
do so, but she's the embodiment of "where there's a will there's a way." Not
once in 3 1/2 years of shots did she EVER take a shot there, but with bikini
season fast approaching & a hypertrophied tummy, BOY did she get motivated to
insert elsewhere!!!! LOL

Renee