Re: [IP] Wearing A Pump

I was surprised at the level of interest my letter on wearing a pump
generated.  I don't really know how to send this to the entire group, but
somehow, I know it will be read and eventually I'll get the hang of how to
communicate appropriately with everyone. In the meantime, I'll do it the way I
know how.
I'm not giving advice right now as an RN, just as a fellow "pumper."   If,
after insertion of your needle or soft-set, you experience continued pain, you
should disconnect at that site and go to another.  Not only will you end of
with a bruise, unnecessary pain, and contant warning beeps due to an
occlusion, you'll end up spending an inordinate amount of time fighting
high/low bgs.  You shouldn't experience pain at the site unless something is
wrong.  Don't get this confused with the discomfort one feels if they've
inserted the needle at their waistline.
Judy