Re: [IP] how much insulin

...I am not sure I am calculating the amount
>of insulin I use correctly...I get something like 8 bottles for 2
>months...can this be right?

Michelle,
    I don't think you are using THAT much insulin. I have just recently
started adding in my record book the time and date I open another vial of
insulin. I would guess that I use one vial for every month and a half or two
months. I order 6 vials at a time. The next time I order my three months
supplies I may not have to order but two. Not to worry about cutting your
supplier short, you won't. If insulin come out of a cow they would have a
large heard right there. Ha Just make sure you have enough to last your
three month period.
    Another thing I would like to make you aware of now. If you let them
most of these supply companies will talk you into letting them put you on
"automatic". Be aware that if you let them do this. . . . . . don't let them
send you lancets and lancet devices and like that. If you need any of these
items just let me know I have several thousand of them I received before I
woke up to what they were doing! They charge your insurance company .06
each, that is $6.00 per box of 100 and they will send you 4 or 5 hundred at
a time and the lancet devices are the cheapest, sorriest, most deadly pieces
of junk that can not be sold any other way!
    The one I use is a Softclix by Boehringer  Mannheim (sp?) {my spell
checker don't have this word}. This device has a dial on it so that you can
adjust the depth of penetration. It is VERY good! I have checked my 4 year
old grandbaby and she won't even flinch.
    Just watch them. Most accept what your insurance pays as full payment
and they make every dollar they can! Sorry but this is one of my pet peeves
and I try to enlighten all I can. If I can help you in any way just let me
know.

Good luck,

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted