Re: [IP] Kids on Pumps!

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, bsale wrote:

> If anyone heard a joyful scream coming from the direction of Colorado this
> afternoon, that would have been me! Stephanie (8.5 yo) asked her endo for a
> pump again today, and finally got a yes. We went in armed with an inch thick
> file of info complete with many anecdotes from other kids with pumps and
> their parents' stories as well as knowledge about possible problems/dangers
> of pump therapy, and he was finally convinced! We still have many hoops to
> jump through, but we're on the road now!  Yee Ha! Thanks for all your help
> and suggestions!

Congratulations!!

Please keep a diary or notes on your experience including the first few
weeks of your daughters pump experience.

This is JUST the kind of story that is great for the Kids Pumping page of
the web site.  You would not believe the number of e-mails and calls I
get from Lily's story.  Please contribute - you will inspire others like
yourselves to press for better (pump) treatment for their diabetic children.

Michael