[IP] exercise and crazy bgs

I'm getting hooked up to my pump in two weeks (hooray!)  but had this
strange situation last night that I would love to understand.
After having normal bgs all day with a little low in the afternoon, I
tested at 5:00 before going to my aerobics class. It was a very decent
107.  Since I really get into my aerobics, I popped 3 SweeTarts (started
using them after reading "Pumping Insulin").  The 3 have about 3 grams
of carb so I thought I'd be raising my bg to about 130 -- a comfortable
range for me to start exercising.  Right after aerobics I tested again
-- 277!  Where did that come from?!  I could not have been so high when
I started class for my bgs to go up!  I took 12 units of reg (2 more
than normal) and ate a normal dinner.  At bedtime -- 238 (and I usually
bottom out about 10:00 p.m.)  Thought the exercise would kick in
overnight so took normal NPH dosage.  This morning -- 272!  Right now
I'm at 157, which is high for pre-lunch.  I don't think I'm PMSing,
unless menopause struck overnight.
My AiC's have gone from an 8.1 to a 6.8 on this regimen so I'm really
frustrated.  Sometimes it seems like even when you're doing the right
things, you get the wrong results.  I've been working hard at getting
control (which I didn't do for years) and right this minute, it doesn't
seem worth it!
Vicki McDonald
13 days to pump