[IP] Dawn Ph and exercise

I have been having off and on, some difficulty early mornings.  Last
week, my sister called the paramedics when she found me unconscious one
morning.  I was having a tough time narrowing down my problem until this
morning when I woke up low again only because my dog INSISTED that I
needed to get up, but then refused to go outside and leave me.  I tested
at 38.  Due to the timeing, I managed to realize that these events
always occured in the early AM, after a day of physical exertion.  I
have been able to keep my BG under reasonable control over the weekend
as a "weekend warrior" by eating high protein meals and reducing my
boluses somewhat.  The slow absorption of the protein seems to give me
enough energy throughout the day to stay fairly close to normal.  The
problem is that it seems that the morning after these events, I do not
suffer from the dawn phenomenon like I usually do.  The increase in my
basal at about 5AM causes me to drop significantly by about 6AM.
Then,throughout the rest of the day, my basal doesn't seem to be high
enough.  What might cause this sort of reaction?? is my dawn hormonal
change just delayed somehow the day after physical exertion???  Does
anyone have any suggestions on how I might control this?  I don't want
to give up sports, the benefits are definitely worth it.  I think I will
start using a temporary basal rate through the dawn hours following a
day of exertion, but what might help to keep my blood sugars from rising
throughout the day after the early hours?

Thanks,
Kimberly