Re: [IP] Re: No Delivery

Liz,

I have sometimes had these probs and have been on an insulin pump for 16
years (since 16).  Even the old metal needles used to cause this problem
sometimes.   A few things do help:

1).  The sof serter.  I hated it at first but it is sooooo much easier and
less painful and makes far more sites available for me.  It also makes it
much less frustrating to have to reinsert more than one time in a row.

2).  When he can't get one area to work, take a short break, then look for
an area with a totally different kind of fat.  For example, if I am using
the upper part of my stomach, I will try again in the side lower part.   It
messes up your site rotations (in fact, I don't even use those anymore) but
for some reason the shift in tissue really seems to help.

Good luck,

Ruth