Re: [IP] Re: SoftSet-No Delivery

email @ redacted wrote:

> Buddy,
> Here is what we are doing.
> 1.  We insert the soft set with the soft serter.  It appears to go in
> straight.  I think if it didn't Darren would feel the difference.
> 2.  We place the tape over the set.
> 3.  We remove the needle.
> 4.  We secure it with a second set of tape since we have been experiencing
> tape troubles also.
> 5.  Thats it.
>
> We seem to have worked out the tape troubles since it is now sticking.
> Darren has very little body fat.  He is almost 5'' tall and weighs just over
> 90 lbs.
> Is there anything that we should be doing differently?  Please let me know.

Liz,

I've been reading about your troubles with the SofSets, sounds like what
I went through when I started using them. Very problematical for us thin
folks!

I agree with others who recommend you get some Comfort/Tenders/Silhouette
sets. I fond they work SO much better, especially since the angle can be
modified to suit. I tend to put mine at a lower angle to keep from
getting into the muscle and they also STAY on better than the SofSets
with NO external taping. Just a whole lot better design, IMHO.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 41+ years, MiniMed 506 for 4.1+ years, Comforts for 3.5 years
use Humalog