RE: Re: [IP] Re: Sara' Fax #

-----Original Message-----

Although this definitely isn't how we control blood sugars on a normal basis, it is common in an "acute" situation, or at least it was for me in all three delivery by inductions (my OB believes in 39 weeks for diabetics - agree or not, it worked well).  I had vaginal deliveries, but the first two with Pitocin,  and all three with a saline drip, and an insulin drip - you can achieve very tight control this way.  Granted, I had people who commonly worked with the same situation which may not be the case in a more general surgery.
Isn't that going to be introducing the insulin directly into the
bloodstream, though?

--
Greg Legowski          ICQ# 1686721
http://www.pobox.com/~gregleg