Re: [IP] Volume of Email

I agree...in that I would like to decide for myself whether a message is
important...sometimes when we all put our heads together we can notice
trends...like that humalog may degrade at body temp or that maybe it is
the site degrading...when we all put our information out on the table is
when we learn...the more info the better...We boldly go where no man has
gone before...Michelle
On Mon, 09 Feb 1998 12:04:10 -0700 Dan Oliver <email @ redacted> writes:
>Here's my $.02 on the subject...
>
>Unless a response is _truly_ private, I'd like to be the one to decide
>whether or not a particular message is interesting or useful to me.
>If that
>involves wading through a lot of messages that _aren't_ interesting to
>me,
>so be it.  At least I had the chance to see them and judge for myself.
>
>If the email volume becomes too much to handle, I'll switch to digest
>format.
>
>As far as locating private email addresses, they're pretty easy to
>find in
>the Members section of the web site.
>
>DanO
>--------
>At 10:30 2/9/98 -0800, Janine wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>My only concern with what Katie said is the following:
>>
>>>It may also be helpful if we respond privately (the senders private
>email
>>>address is supplied when they post each email) rather than hitting
>reply if
>>>the group cannot benefit as a whole from the info.
>>
>>I think responding privately is great if it is personal but sometimes
>the
>>person's return e-mail *does not* show up, to me at least.  I put my
>e-mail
>>address in my signature file, so it goes out automatically in the
>text.
>>
>>Other than that I agree, especially with more careful use of subject
>line
>>changes when appropriate.
>>
>>Janine

>>Vancouver, BC, Canada
>>email @ redacted

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]