[IP] FDA approval - who cares?

My endocrinologist feels the same way.  Why should the FDA have to 'approve'
any type of insulin for use in a pump?  And for that matter, why should
anyone care?
If it doesn't work, then by golly we'll pump something different.  If it
works, then why should the FDA be involved at all?

BTW, I feel the same way about the Rx-requirement for Humalog.  Sheesh, once
I get my drool-cup in place, it's OK for me to wander down to the pharmacy
and buy syringes without an Rx, and any kind of insulin I might possibly
like the looks of (except for Humalog).  After that, I can moronically
proceed to inject myself with whatever dose grabs my fancy, including one
large enough to verify the law of natural selection.  Or I can use another
nice over-the-counter non-Rx medication, like bleach for instance.

But it's verboten for me to buy Humalog without an Rx, just to protect me
from myself.  So why don't I need an Rx for Clorox?

DanO
--------