Re: [IP] Re: pregnancy + humalog & pediatric use

> That's what I find funny - the doctors I know started using it for
> most patients as soon as it came out even though it isn't approved.
> The general feeling seems to be that it is working well - and the
> doctors will continue to use it even though it is not on the approved
> list for many of the ways it is being used.

As I understand it, ordinary insulin was not approved for use in
pumps when pumps first came out. So people used the pump and bought
'regular un-approved insulin' and went ahead and 'pumped'.

Personally, I don't see what difference it makes how you stick it in
your body. Conceivably, you could take an injection every 15 minutes
or so and that would be "approved".  Dumb.....

Michael
email @ redacted