Re: [IP] insulin

email @ redacted wrote:

> Darren uses Regular in his pump.  Can someone please tell me what kind of
> insulin Velsolin (sp?) is.  I have not heard of this before.

Velosulin is Regular insulin made by Novo Nordisk, who needed a different
name than Lilly  uses. It was believed to be better in pumps than R because
it
included a buffer than was supposed to affect the hose lining less.
Experience
has proved it doesn't matter, but Lilly HAS come out with BR (Buffered
Regular)
to counter it.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted