Re: [IP] Exercise and high bg's

Janine Shea wrote:

> I have been told that you should not exercise if your blood sugars are over
> a certain level, like 180 mg/dl (10 mmol/l) because it will just make you
> blood sugars go up.  One endo said one thing, one said another.
>
> Does anyone know this is true and what level you should not exercise above?

Number I normally see given is 250 mg/dl, of course YMMV applies. Some find it
higher, some find it lower, but we all find it somewhere around there.

Think you may have confused the bg level with the normal renal threshold for
spilling sugar into the blood, which is generally listed at 180 mg/dl.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted