Re: [IP] Re: pregnancy

email @ redacted wrote:

> My endo said I would need to change insulins when I get pregnant b/c it's not
> approved.

Minor clarification please. WHAT isn't approved?

If you're talking about Humalog not being approved for pregnancy for
instance, so what? A doctor can approve ANY drug for ANY use he thinks will
work for a given situation, as long as it is approved for human use by the
FDA. Since he's a qualified doctor, particularly and endo, what says he
must follow ONLY what's been tested by the FDA till now? Your endo is
THE authority in your treatment.

I trust I didn't misinterpret what you said, but it's possible.

Ted Quick