Re: [IP] Re: Michael

email @ redacted wrote:

> Are you sure the following statement is true???
>
> Both pumps are functionally equivalent. However, the Disetronic can
> not do square bolus since it doesnt have a temp basal rate gadget.
>
> I do not understand the Square Bolus in the Minimed but Disetronic does have a
> Temporary Basal Rate Change. Could this be equivalent to the Square Bolus?

Not really. The Square Wave Bolus automatically gives you a higher rate
for a certain amount of time without you having to figure out details of
"normal basal + an extra amount = what I need". It's a convenience feature
that seems to be rather effective in sime situations.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted