Re: [IP] Square waves (was Michael)

> Are you sure the following statement is true???
>
>  Both pumps are functionally equivalent. However, the Disetronic can
>  not do square bolus since it doesnt have a temp basal rate gadget.
>
>  I do not understand the Square Bolus in the Minimed but Disetronic does
have
>  Temporary Basal Rate Change. Could this be equivalent to the Square Bolus?
>       Katie

Katie,

YES!  This is a (mostly) true statement.  Even though the Disetronic has a
temp. basal rate adjustment, the user cannot control the length of time of the
temporary rate.  To properly mimic a square wave, you MUST be able to set the
duration of the temporary basal rate.  I researched this thoroughly when I was
writing my HOWTO on square waves which can be found at the following location
on the Insulin Pumper's homepage:

http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/howto/Square-Wave-Bolus-HOWTO.html

Check it out!

Mary Jean