Re: [IP] Recording data

Boehringer Mannheim does make a meter with a built-in computer and analysis
software, called the Accu-Chek Instant DM.  You can read about it at:

http://www.boehringer-mannheim.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?REGION=none&DIVISION=dia
betes&PAGE=/diabetes/us/products/glucose/dminstant&LANGUAGE=EN

If you can't get that link to work in your browser, just go to
http://www.boehringer-mannheim.com
and surf your way down to it.

DanO
----------
At 15:48 2/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Ruth,
>A long time ago - probably about 1988 -- Accucheck (Boeringer Mannheim) had
a device known as a Merlin that did allow you to keep lots more data via (I
think) 100 definable event codes.  There must not have been all that many of
us that liked data gathering well enough at that time, because I think that
it was discontinued.  Perhaps there latest and greatest will offer a portion
of what that did.  I still use some of my old event codes as a shortcut to
my note keeping.

>I found that I still prefer to keep a written log which I can conveniently
carry along and check it.  If my life ever becomes a bit more stable that
might not be as necessary.  But currently I reset basals quite often.
Unfortunately my total basal dose changes by about 40 % for menses and it
occurs gradually over the last two weeks of the month.  I also have days
when - even though I am truly Type 1 - I use very little insulin.  Ovulation
is dramatic, but I'll have other days when the drop is about 25 %.   The
gastroparesis?  No one has it figured out yet, but I believe strongly in
good data gathering.