Re: [IP] Janine's Stoned

Nice subject line!  ;')  Does sum it all up nicely.

I think that I am doing better today.  I am just not used to having so much
insulin hitting me at once: going from 4u bolus to 16u bolus is quite a
dramatic shift.  I sort of wonder about just being on one basal rate, but I
guess I will have to wait and see.

My body is sort of confused - first normal blood sugars and now a big
insulin shift.  I think Humalog will have to wait for a while!

Janine

>I had the same experience when I switched to Humalog after using Vel. for 3
>years.  I felt very wierd and unsure, almost in a daze.  My friend who
>started Humalog at the same time had the same experience.  After about 2
>weeks it went away.  I also changed my basals and boluses.  I have about 5-6
>basals and typically give between 6-10 u. per meal bolus.  Changing my rates
>really helped with the humalog, but I think my body went into a little shock.
>I think you just have to do the hardest thing possible: wait for it to fix
>itself.
>Meanwhile, enjoy your little daze!!!!
>Melora

Vancouver, BC, Canada