Re: [IP] Saw my new endo, changed my rates, I feel stoned.

I feel that way alot also...I've been diabetic for 18 years also...would
be nice to feel like I did before this disease...I think...it's been so
long ago...Michelle

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:16:08 -0800 email @ redacted (Janine Shea)
writes:
>Hi, all
>
>As you may recall, I was in search of a pump friendly endo after it
>turned
>out that the last new one was more into MDI.  I did ask my Minimed rep
>and
>he gave me some names - thanks to all who suggested that.  Sometimes I
>think my brain does not function well with diabetes related stuff!
>
>So I saw this guy yesterday and I like him.  He sees himself as a
>coach,
>which I think is cool.  He also found no complications, which after 18
>years of pretty much un-monitored diabetes makes me pretty happy.
>Being on
>the pump for the last 13 years has helped a lot, I figure.
>
>He has totally changed my insulin.  I was on 4 schedules (1.5 - 2.2u)
>and
>had very low boluses, the most being 4 u.  Now I am on .8 u with
>boluses
>ranging from 4 to 16 units.  This is quite a departure for me and I am
>sort
>of freaked out, although I do understand and agree with the underlying
>logic, that being that I am probably over-insulinized, which is why
>1200
>calories a day and regular exercise has led to zero weight loss (I
>could
>lose 40 lbs, which I put on 16 years ago and have never been able to
>lose).
>I am supposed to call him every morning, so I do feel like I have a
>pretty
>good safety net, along with the ever so frequent testing.
>
>He suggested I try Humalog but I am wary and he is okay with that.  He
>said
>he was part of a research study that was published on Humalog and he
>thinks
>it is a good idea.
>
>Since I changed over, yesterday afternoon, I feel *very* weird.  Deep
>fatigue, sort of a low blood sugar buzz, but at 100 - 200 mg/dl and
>sort of
>like being wrapped in cotton and the world filters through it.  I
>guess
>this will go away.  Does anyone know if this is a body adjustment?  I
>have
>been on the other schedule for all of the past 13 years, so maybe it
>is.
>It almost feels like a morphine hangover (legitimately acquired!  :')
>It
>is very disconcerting and it is sort of worrying me.  It is bad enough
>that
>I don't really trust myself to change a set right now and I *never*
>need
>help with that.
>
>Enough rambling.
>
>Janine, albeit in an altered state.

>Vancouver, BC, Canada
>email @ redacted

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]