[IP] Saw my new endo, changed my rates, I feel stoned. -Reply

Janine~

  I have been a diabetic for 17 years with no (knock on wood) real
problems.  I am not on the pump as of yet.  I am scheduled to see a new
endo on February 9, 98 to inquire about the pump.  My old endo was the
Hitler type where he would lecture and scream at me.  What a drag he
was.  He made me worse than better.  I do have some questions about
the pump and hope that you will be able to answer for me.

  When you initially have the pump inserted, is a hospital stay involved?
  How long does it take to get everything up and running?
  Do you have any problems with sleeping with it?

 You know and most of all is it really better control?

 If you have the time, would you kindly give me some input and any other
information you think would be helpful for me?

  Thank you very much!
                                           Heather